Pinot’s Palette Offering Chunky Knit Blanket ClassesPinot's Palette
There is a hot new movement in DIY, and it has locals up to their elbows in yarn!
We’re talking about hand–made, oversized, chunky blankets! While still considered knitting, this unusual technique uses no needles. All it takes is your own two hands!
The experts at Pinot’s Palette, a local paint and sip studio, are teaching the technique and classes are already booking up. Artists are clamoring to keep up with local demand for these ridiculously cozy creations especially as we head into the holiday gift–giving season.
Yearning for Yarn
No longer an old person’s pastime, the time-honored craft of knitting is gaining momentum among younger generations.
- The Craft Yarn Council of America reports that more than 38 million people, many under age 35, admit they love to knit. (That’s more than 1 out of 10 Americans!)
- There are more than 14 million posts under the hashtag “knitting “on Instagram alone.
- A recent survey of knitters revealed 94 percent said they knit or crochet as a form of “selfcare.”
- Psychiatrists suggest knitting can lower blood pressure and improve mental health. The practice employs something called “evenly hovering attention” — which allows your mind to wander when your hands are doing something routine.
- In addition to countless knitting clubs, companies like Google are using it as a team–building activity. There’s even a knitting–themed cruise!
Artists at Pinot’s Palette will guide you step-by-step through hand knitting a warm, soft, chunky knit blanket. No needles or knitting experience is required. We will provide you with four skeins of chenille yarn, which will create a 40 x 50-inch blanket. All you need to do is watch, weave, and have fun!
- Nearly 6 in 10 Americans say they prefer to give homemade gifts, according to a Pew Research Center survey.
- The DIY chunky blanket craze fits in with the Danish lifestyle trend, Hygge (pronounced who-gah), which emphasizes coziness and all manner of things that make you feel good.
- Handmade blankets are one–of–a–kind, personal, crafted with love, and are fun to make!